Today is National Chicken Wing Day! Coincidentally, it’s also Finger-Licking Day. It’s amazing how that worked itself out.
1. The buffalo wing turns 50 today.
Talk about a mid-life crisis!
2. Buffalo wings are rumored to have been first prepared by a bar from the city of Buffalo, New York.
3. Buffalo wings are deep-fried, unbreaded chicken wings smothered in a special buffalo hot sauce.
4. Buffalo wings started to become more popular after the Buffalo Bills appeared in four consecutive Super Bowls.
5. The main ingredient used in the first pound of buffalo wings ever created was Frank’s Red Hot sauce.
6. We’ve been eating them wrong.
7. In fact, there are countless other ways to eat them, yet we choose the one wrong way.
The Smash Technique
The Plunger Technique
The Badlands Brookers Technique
10. The world record for most chicken wings eaten in a sitting is 363 wings in just 30 minutes, held by Molly Schuyler.