Cringe. Cringe. Cringe.
1. You’ve started filling out in the boob area.
2. Some girls in your school year have already made the move.
3. You know, because you’ve been awkwardly trying to look at the same time as avoiding eye contact in the changing room for months.
4. You take the pencil test.
This involves positioning a pencil between your breasts and pushing them together. If the pencil stays put, you need a bra.
5. Eughhhhhhh you need a bra.
6. It’s time for a heinously awkward chat with your mum.
7. She looks so proud of you. You die inside.
8. She takes you to your nearest department store.
9. You pray no one you know will be there.
10. OMG THERE ARE SO MANY BRAS.
11. Everyone is staring at you.
12. Your mum calls over a chirpy sales assistant.
13. She asks you what kind of bra you want. You don’t know. You’re so embarrassed. You pick the first one you see.
14. “Perhaps you could start with a training bra,” she suggests. You’re close to tears.
15. She pushes you into a changing room and brings out a tape measure.